Welcome to the Private Attorney Involvement (PAI) program of Legal Aid Service of Northeastern Minnesota.
Pro bono attorneys are critical to ensuring everyone has access to our justice system. If you are interested in volunteering your talent, please fill out an interest form HERE and our PAI staff will connect with you to find an opportunity that fits your needs.
BENEFITS TO VOLUNTEERS INCLUDE:
- CLE credit: Earn 1 CLE credit for every six pro bono hours volunteered through PAI up to six credits per reporting period.
- Free tuition to MSBA institutes like the Family Law Institute
- Free training and CLEs through LASNEM
- Be recognized by the MSBA as a North Star Attorney for providing 50+ hours of pro bono
- LASNEM provides malpractice coverage for pro bono and Judicare cases
- Timely payment on Judicare cases
- Opportunity to maintain an emeritus attorney license
- Access to ProJusticeMN, a website that includes a resource library, forms, and access to past CLEs
- Recording and yearly certification of pro bono hours
If you have questions or would like to learn more, please contact Lilo Schluender, Director of PAI.
Take a case, change a life.